Sheet Pan Recipe with Bison Smokies
Bison Smokies Sheet Pan Dinner By: Chef Steve Squier
Serves: 4 people
Sheet pan meals are a great weeknight idea that is fast and easy to clean up. One pan and 10 min of prep time means you can get dinner on the tale in less then an hour. I use this meal idea as a chance to clean out the fridge of all the odd ends of vegetables I have left over. You can easily change out the potato to sweet potato or add a drained can of chickpeas to keep is fresh. The key to this meal is to cut all your vegetables the same size to ensure the cook at the same time. If you are using softer vegetables like zucchini cut them a little bigger as they will cook faster. If you are using potatoes or squash, cut them a little smaller then your vegetables so they cook at the same time. The options are endless but here is a simple version using things that you probably have in your fridge right now.
1 Package Bison Ridge Farms original Smokies
1 Large Yellow Onion
1-2 Large Bell Peppers
1 Head Broccoli
25-30 Baby potatoes
12 Small Brown or White Mushrooms
3 Tbsp Canola or Olive oil
2 Tbsp Bison Ridge Spice Mix
If you don’t have Bison Ridge Spice Mix:
1 Tbsp Kosher Salt
1 tsp Smoked Paprika
1 tsp Onion Powder
½ tsp Cumin
½ tsp Alepo Chili or Chili Powder
- Pre Heat oven to 350 F
- Prep your vegetables by cutting them into any shape you would like but make sure to cut them the same size. Keep in mind that harder vegetables should be cut a little smaller and softer vegetables are cut a little larger. This will make sure that everything cooks at the same time.
- Place all your vegetables in a large bowl, add oil and spice mix or spices, toss until all the vegetables are coated.
- Using a sheet pan lined with Parchment/silicon mat or tin foil place you season vegetables on the tray. Makes sure they are spread out in one layer.
- Open the package of smokies and cut each smokie in half, place the smokie halves on the tray of vegetables.
- Place the tray in the oven and bake for 20-25 min or until the potatoes are cooked through.
To make this meal even quicker, having your vegetables cut ahead of time means you can get a meal on the table super quick. Great for those busy nights or late evenings. If you’re looking to mix it up Bison Ridge Farms cheddar smokies and farmer sausage are ideas as well.